There is a web service to extract your email from Gmail but I did not trust it with my password so I decided to look for a different solution. I figured I could use Thunderbird’s and Gmail’s IMAP functionality to do the job.
The solution for extracting emails using Thunderbird can be found at this forum.
- Download and install Mozilla Thunderbird.
- Setup your Gmail account with Thunderbird. You should be able to see your Gmail labels as folders in Thunderbird.
- Download “ImportXportTools” plugin. (You may be presented with a warning page due to secure http, just click proceed.)
- Install the plugin by going to Thunderbird > Tools > Add Ons > Extensions > Install and choosing the plugin you just downloaded.
- Now select the folder with which you would like to extract emails, then select Tools > ImportExportTools > Export Messages in Folder > Export to CSV.
Your emails will be exported to a CSV which can be opened in Excel and copy the email addresses.
Let me know if you have a better solution for extracting emails from gmail.